So here are the rules:
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and tag them in your post
- Answer the 11 questions they chose for you
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award, tag them in your post and let them know on social media
- Write 11 new questions for your nominees to answer in their post
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo on your post and blog
Here are the questions she asked me and my answers:
1. What is one thing you have learnt from blogging?
The biggest thing blogging has taught me (so far!) is perseverance. If you don’t give up, no matter how small and inconsequential your little piece of the internet feels at the beginning, it can grow! The other thing (I know, it said one, but I can’t help myself!) is to celebrate the small wins. Maybe getting 25 views in one day seems like hardly anything to some people, but it’s important to be proud of your work and what you acheive.
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I think I might have answered this question in a Q&A post I did quite recently but I’ve always really wanted to visit Scandinavia. I much prefer the cold to the hot – I always burn in anything more than 20 degrees C heat but if you’re too cold, you can simply put more clothes on – so somewhere like Sweden really appeals to me.
3. What is one film you could watch over and over again?
I really had to think about this one. I sound like such a typical teenage girl but on film I absolutely love watching again and again is the DUFF. I absolutely melt for that end scene at the Homecoming dance and think that, if you can get past all of its awkwardness, it has a really empowering message.
4. What inspires you to keep blogging?
I hate the feeling of giving up. If you persevere with something, you’ll always reap the rewards. I aspire for my blog to be like Hannah Gale’s, or Petiteelliee, and my instagram feed as gorgeous as @hellomissjordan’s. Maybe one day, I’ll get there, but it’s important to enjoy the journey too.
5. Would you rather never be able to watch TV again and own all the books in the world OR never read books ever again but be able to watch every TV show/film ever?
100% I’d own every book in the world. I’ve had a love affair with books since I was really young, and, although I don’t have time at the moment to read as much, I could never give that up. Although I would really miss Call the Midwife.
6. Who’s your favourite blogger/youtuber?
I mentioned this in my latest blog post but I absolutely love love love Louis Pentland. You just can’t beat her weekly vlogs on a lazy Sunday afternoon.
7. What’s one thing you couldn’t live without?
8. What’s one thing you’d recommend to anyone?
The book “Small Great Things” by Jodi Piccoult. It’s a really powerful book; it’s emotional, has a strong storyline, strong characters and an important message. It was the first book I read this year, after putting it off for ages and honestly I think it’s something that everyone should read.
9. Would you rather be able to only eat your favourite food for the rest of your life OR never eat it again?
Having just said I couldn’t live without chocolate, I think the answer to this is a given. And I certainly have no aversions to only eating Toblerone for the rest of my life.
10. Describe the best holiday you’ve ever been on
Summer of 2016, I flew to Italy with my family for two weeks. I had never been before and thought it was an amazing country. I tried some delicious food, met some wonderful people and made some incredible memories, and I can’t see any holiday ever beating it!
11. If blogging didn’t exist what would you do instead?
I’d probably get a lot more sleep. In all honesty, I don’t know. I enjoy sewing, and designing stuff for my room, so maybe I’d do more crafting, and I’d have more time to read! I’m a relatively lazy person and anxiety often gets in the way of my joining any clubs – I’ve been considering writing a blog post on this, but I’m not sure if anyone really would want to read it. If you’d be interested, then please please please comment below and let me know!
Thank you to Jess for her amazing questions – I hope you enjoyed hearing my answers! In the spirit of the Oscars, that were on yesterday in America, the nominations are:
- Beth from bethxkate
- Hayley from love hayley beth
- Sophie from love soph blog
- Libs from life of libs
- Livvy from one girl’s dream
- Hebah from Hebah Pervaiz
- My lovely neighbour Izzy has just started her own blog which you can find here so I’d like to nominate her too… I’d really appreciate it if you could go and check out her blog and welcome her to the world of blogging!
So it turns out I can’t think of 11 bloggers, although I don’t think 7 is too scrappy!
- How would you describe blogging to someone who has never heard of it?
- Cake or cookies?
- What’s the most important thing blogging has taught you?
- What’s your favourite song?
- If you could only wear one brand of clothing (or clothes from a particular shop) for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What’s your favourite kind of chocolate?
- Do you have any obsessions? (hint: mine is chocolate!)
- Do you have netflix? If yes, what’s your favourite thing to watch?
- How do you plan your blog posts?
- What is the nicest/kindest thing anyone has ever said to you?
- What are your main aspirations for the future?
Good luck with answering! Don’t forget to tag me in your post so I don’t miss it – I can’t wait to read your answers!
Lots of love,
Hannah Beth Blogs